{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Thursday, August 6, 2020

Thankful {things I love} Thursday ...

for my ears
***
lots of rain this week 
and a couple of evenings where the sky was black
and the roar of thunder and lightening could be heard
for my eyes
***
sunglasses ... always for these sensitive green peepers 
for my mouth
***
had a craving for french fries this week
and a 10 pound bag of potatoes in the pantry :-) 
Bless this food
before us
Family
beside us
and the 
Love
between us
oven fried (making them a bit healthier)
crispy on the outside and fluffy soft inside
sprinkling of salt and fresh black pepper and a splash of vinegar
yum!
for my soul
***
watching the woodpecker and sparrow sharing a fresh block of fruit and nut suet
"consider soulmates
to also be in the form
of friends and animals,
the wind, the tides,
the plants,
pieces of art,
and the moon.
Great love
lives everywhere"
~Victoria Erickson~
for my hands
***
after 4 months of being on hiatus ... my Etsy shop is once again Open for business. Yeah!
I've been busy re-stocking the shelves, trying to decide which items to add (since they had all expired). Sprinkling sparrow seeds all through the shop to guide you ... 
Worked on this print yesterday - I've yet to add it to my shop - but I will.
I had this pretty little frame in the cupboard and slipped the print inside.
It now sits on a cupboard in our powder room. 

for my feet
***
In this house... we dance in the kitchen
((always))
***
moved this long hand hooked runner to the kitchen
and my feet love it!
So much nicer to stand on while doing the dishes than the hardwood!

It's been in lots of different spots throughout the house over the years from upstairs hallway to my studio, but all 3 of our labs loved to pull at it before laying down so I think it will stay in the kitchen.
"And those who were seen dancing
were thought to be insane
by those who could not hear the music"
~Fredrich Nietzsche~ 
***
Happy Thursday
 xo d 

No comments: