{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Thursday, July 30, 2020

Thankful {things I love} Thursday ...

for my ears
***
I have carved out a little nook at the bottom of the garden, next to the pond for meditation.
Tucked into a corner, with lush trumpet vine shading me, I can sit quietly and listen to
the trickling water, birdsong and the windchimes that hang in the flowering pear tree. This little
windchime is especially special as it was painted by my eldest grandson when he was 3 for Mother's Day 
"the earth has music
for those who listen"
~Shakespeare~
for my eyes
***
the month of July was a month of Owl painting ...
lots of fine, delicate brush strokes which themselves are meditative 
and give me a sense of serenity
"I am a lonely painter ...
I live in a box of paints'
~Joni Mitchell~
for my mouth
***
walking the garden and picking some lettuce and a few cherry tomatoes
tossing with a few walnuts, sprinkle of raisins and a simple squeeze of lemon
makes for a delicious lunch
"In this plate of food,
I see the entire universe
supporting my existence'
~Zen Blessing~
for my soul
***
I have little altars throughout my home
each one holds flowers and candles
"whatever is good for the soul
do that ..."
for my hands
***
it was my son's 31st Birthday last week
he and I are probably two of the few people who don't like chocolate :-)
so every year he gets a homemade double layer vanilla cake with buttercream frosting.
Delivered this to him with a knife and forks to share/celebrate with his co-workers.

for my feet
***
walking with Archer, I've been noticing subtle changes already ...
not only are the nights drawing in, but I've been finding lots of skeleton leaves
(which I love).
***
I hope your Thursday is filled with lots of things you love too!

No comments: