{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Monday, June 8, 2020

A new canvas & moon water ...


The full Strawberry moon on the 5th and 6th was a beauty!
It's light streaming through the windows of my little Sparrow Studio.
As always, I had my jar(s) of fresh water set out along window sills ready to absorb it's magic.
I'm fascinated when I look at the crystal clear water once the moon has taken over it's properties & it has a very different quality when you paint with it.
I've had this very large stretched canvas tucked between my art cupboard and bookshelf for a while now just waiting for the muse to set it free.
And then … just like that … I stumbled across a word
*Aparigraha
a - non
pari - from all sides
graha - to accept 
Combining the 3 - aparigraha : not taking more than you need.

It didn't take long for  thoughts of release  &  being in the present moment * appreciation for what we have * going with the ebb and flow of life

Even though it's 20" x 40" , I approached it the same as I would a smaller canvas or piece of paper...
writing down the "story" … some poetry … a few quotes … 
"not all storms 
come to disrupt your life,
some come
to clear your path"
The words will of course be covered by layers and layers of paint (and maybe even some paper)
but they will be forever a part of the painting
It's so beautiful outside today, that I think my morning will be spent out in the garden
 with my canvas , paints & moon water *  
listening to the birds (I have some very happy Robin's singing and splashing about in the bird baths) 
~happy Monday~
xo d

2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Moon water. Now that is a new thing to me. Interesting.
Have a good creative week.

Deb said...

hi Lisa ~ thank you … it's been very creative so far ;-) (she writes in mod podge & paint splattered jeans)
I like to put jars out on the back porch on a full moon too but there's a lot of action in the garden at night (raccoons, possums, skunks) and after finding the jars tipped over I decided inside was best :-)
Hope you are having a great day too. It's a hot one here!