{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Friday, February 15, 2019

I'll give you the moon ...

"what do you want?
you want the moon?
Just say the word
and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down.
Hey, that's a pretty good idea.
I'll give you the moon"
~George Bailey~
It's a Wonderful life
***
Since the weather has made walking tricky, it's freed up a lot of time to spend in my little sparrow studio. I dedicated an entire week to just cleaning and purging. Everything was removed, sorted, re-arranged … bags held donations which I took to our local animal rescue store … I found things I forgot about {and lots of duplicate items as a result ;-D} and everything looks nice and fresh and organized {for the time being … because once the creating starts … well … :-D

My daughter and I took a candle making class a few weekends ago and had so much fun!
We chose our own essential oils to add to our soy candles and even garnished the tops with dried botanicals!
Since we created 3 4ounce candles, I placed one on my coffee table, one on my bath tray, and the other, I brought into my studio. The subtle scent has been so lovely as I move about, paint, listen to jazz, watch the snow fall outside my window ...

On the 10th, we saw the amazing Sarah Brightman at the Sony Centre! We've seen her live before, and she never disappoints … that voice!!

As well as a few 8 x 10's, I've been painting key chains and loving working on the  tiny little wooden canvas a key chain size provides. They are sitting on my table waiting to be varnished … 

I wrote out a list of things I wanted to do for 2019... taking more workshops was on the list... starting with the candle making . I've signed up for   *meditation/mindfulness* which I've taken many times before, but it's a topic I am interested in and like listening to others thoughts & experiences... and punch needle was another!
I have been fascinated with this art form for some time now but had a really hard time finding the punch needle and weavers cloth here in Canada. I persevered and found a shop :-D and looking forward to my punch needle accessories to arrive so I can begin! Looking through my art, I already have patterns galore to use.
 "pulled by the lure of you" is my latest painting & may just become a punch needle project too!
"wild one
may the earth hold you
the wind sweep you off your feet
the fire ignite your soul
and the water quench your thirsty heart
you are worthy
you are loved"
~Wild Moon Woman~
***
have a wonderful weekend,
deb x

2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

You have been a busy lady. I don't know what is punch Needle?? I will have to look up what that consists of. I will look forward to seeing just what you do. Have fun this weekend creating.

Deb said...

hi Lisa ~ thank you... I think its something you would enjoy too! Hope you are having a wonderful day.