{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Sunday, August 13, 2017

Take it to the trees ...

Sunday Serenity
forest walking
tree talking
"How dear the woods are!
You beautiful trees!
I love every one of you as a friend"
~Lucy Maud Montgomery~
"Alone with myself,
the trees bend
to caress me.
The shade
hugs my heart"
~Candy Polgar~
"Now we enter the ancient wood.
In which wild forms the gnarled and mossy boughs
are twisted, what a sensation
of sacred repose"
~Henry James Slack~
"He envied the bark,
which had been,
in the course of a lifetime,
both forest
and
fire.
One endured; one destroyed"
~Karen Joy Fowler~

seeing things clearly
and quietly
"I never saw a discontented tree.
They grip the ground as they liked it,
and though fast rooted,
they travel about as far as we do"
~John Muir~
"Knowing trees
I understand the meaning of patience.
Knowing grass
I appreciate persistence.
~Hal Borland~

4 comments:

Sandi said...

"I never saw a discontented tree"

:-)

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Trees can teach us a lot.

Deb said...

hi sandi ~ no discontented trees :-) ♥ ... such a great line xo

Deb said...

hi Lisa ~ Yes ♥