{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Thursday, April 28, 2016

Thankful {things I love} Thursday

Along our Woodland Walk ...
"Life consists with Wildness.
The most alive is the Wildest.
Not yet subdued to man,
its presence refreshes him"
~Henry David Thoreau~
Drawn to the beauty of this tree ~ split but still connected ... I saw 2 faces ... foreheads touching ♥
subtle changes seen each week
little bits of colour appearing
life renewed
as we walk we pass the soothing sounds of water
my favourite walking partners xo
"Let me live where I will,
on this side
is the city,
on that,
the wilderness,
and ever I am
leaving the city more and more,
and withdrawing into the wilderness"
~Henry David Thoreau~

heart felt treasures ... this one was too big to put in my pocket :-)
our walks ...
refresh ...
renew ...
reflect ♥
"I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the Earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river
and it made me
Complete"
~Somewhere only we know~
lyrics
Keane

So Thankful for this lovely little spot ... a little piece of heaven ... that feels like "somewhere only we know" ♥

6 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Your path looks so serene and 'earthy'! You nailed it when you compared the old tree to foreheads touching. You see things through the eye of the lens naturally. I always enjoy your quotes and snippets.

Thank you for the visit and sweet words. I am dancing on air! :)

Jane

Julie Marie said...

How peaceful and beautiful Deb, especially with your favorite walking partners... love the heart shaped rock... and the quietness of it all... xoxo... Julie Marie

Alyssa Spring said...

very beautiful - love the heart rock

Deb said...

hi jane ~ our little woodland spot is a piece of heaven to us ♥ thank you & big Congratulations again xo Yeah to the Grandma club!!

Deb said...

you would love this spot Julie Marie ♥

Deb said...

than you Alyssa ♥