{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Thursday, April 24, 2014

Thankful {things I love} Thursday ...

this beautiful, spring day
has me thinking about making some garden changes 
I love  decorating our outdoor space as much as I do indoors. Our garden swing needs some new cushions, the deck a new rug & the flower beds,  new plants ...
our arbour of almost 25 years has seen better days, and needs to be replaced also.
It is the spot where the Doves have nested year after year, so I hope they like change too.
after long winter's like the one we just had, it's inevitable that a few plants will not have wintered well
and I was so happy to see today, that the bleeding heart is a few inches above the ground and looking healthy
tiny buds are appearing all through the garden
 and our old lilac looks like she will not disappoint again this year.
Nature never rushes, and always takes her time ... she is a patient teacher, so we must be too.
I am always in awe how all these seemingly "delicate" plants  survive the cold nights, frosts, snow, sleet ... all the elements, and return strong and vital ~ what a wonderful life lesson ♥
archer has a "favourite" garden spot ...
he loves to sit in our old wooden wheel barrow and supervise :-)
at the moment, it's the only "seat" we have outside.
looking forward to the patio set being brought out of storage and set up again ...
love to sit outside early in the morning with my first cup of tea (and arch)
can you blame me?

12 comments:

The Reed Warbler said...

I so recognize the feeling of wonder how the garden reawakens after every winter.Enjoy your time outside! Anita xo

Julie Marie said...

Love all of the things you are thankful for dear Deb... especially beautiful Archer relaxing (and supervising!) in the wheel barrow... lucky you having Doves that nest nearby... we have many that visit but none that make their nest in our yard... they are so beautiful!... enjoy your time getting your gardens and porch ready... xoxo Julie Marie and Tessy

Blondie's Journal said...

Goodness...I've missed a few posts. You have so many great plans, it's exciting isn't it? I've heard a few gals mention their bleeding hearts coming up, I need to go peek behind our big oak tree where they hide! :) I'd like to bring our table and chairs out, too, but we are expecting rain over the next few days so I may as well not expose them to that. And I have decided to get a rug this year, too. Our patio is old and a bit crumbly, I don't mind at all, it's just showing it's age (like me!). But a rug would be pretty.

Archer looks like he is in heaven there in the sun. I think our dogs look forward to spring as much as we do. I love the way they sniff the air, even inside near windows.

I hope you have a lovely weekend! I like your swans! And daffodils right outside the window? Heavenly!

XO,
Jane

Jenni said...

Sounds lovely to be back in the garden after such a long winter. I can't wait to see pictures of your garden in bloom. Lilacs and bleeding hearts are a favorite of mine :)

Deb said...

hello anita ~ we are still at that time of year where every day is different ...temps have dropped quite a bit today & rain is in the forecast. hope you have a wonderful weekend ♥

Deb said...

hello Julie marie ~ I save as many nests from our garden as I can {the robin nests are lovely} but the doves ... I am always so surprised their nest can hold them :-)

Deb said...

thank you for stopping by jane ~ enjoy your beautiful garden ♥

Deb said...

hello jenni ~ thank you for your visit ~ we planted the lilac and bleeding heart 24 years ago and after the long winter and ice storm we experienced, I wondered how they would fair ~ will post lots of pics once they are in bloom ♥

Lana Manis said...

Deb, I've been wanting to beautify our yard this spring... I'm not much of a gardener. Evidently I didn't inherit my parents' green thumbs, lol! However, I've been visiting blogs and Pinterest to get some ideas. I enjoy reading about your plans. :)

Deb said...

hi lana ~ thank you for stopping by ♥ enjoy your garden.

Gardeningbren said...

This post was exactly what I needed to read this morning. We are in the same place re the garden...everything is late this year. How I am enjoying looking at your artwork! Inspiring. Thanks for commenting on my blog. GB.

Deb said...

thank you for stopping by Bren & your lovely comment ~ hope you visit again ♥