{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Friday, March 9, 2012

52 Friday...

 I realized today, that I had forgotten to post 52 Friday last week ... so today, I'll post 2!
9/52
ENJOY
***
He was free to enjoy
the breathless glee
that overwhelmed him:
the speed, the clear cool air,
the total silence, the feeling of balance
and excitement
and peace
~Lois Lowry~
10/52
BALANCE
***
Balance your thoughts with action.
If you spend too much time
thinking about a thing,
you'll never get it done.
~Bruce Lee~
***
I was looking at a bowl of lemons on my counter and decided I should make Luscious Lemons Squares :-)
They're the perfect BALANCE of Tart & Sweet.
Here's the recipe...
LUSCIOUS LEMON SQUARES
1/2 cup softened butter
1/3 cup confectioners sugar
1 cup plus 2 1/2 tsps all purpose flour
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar ( I use a little less)
6 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
***
Preheat oven to 350 F.  Grease an 8" baking pan.
FOR THE CRUST:  Using an electric mixer, cream butter, confectioners sugar and 1 cup of flour on medium speed and beat until well blended.  Press dough firmly over bottom of pan and bake in oven for 15 minutes until lightly golden.  Set pan aside to cool.
FOR THE TOPPING: While crust is cooling, prepare the lemon topping by combining eggs, granulated sugar, remaining 2 1/2 teaspoons of flour, lemon juice and zest in medium bowl.  Beat with electric mixer on low speed until well blended. Pour over cooled crust and return to oven for 20 minutes more, until set.
Allow to cool thoroughly in the pan before cutting into squares.
Dust with confectioners sugar.
Enjoy ♥

5 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Love your photos today Deb!... and thanks for the recipe, we also love anything lemon!... your new header is so pretty... xoxo Julie Marie

Lori ann said...

it feels so spring like here, thank you for the recipe, love lemon bars!

Ms. ~K said...

Thanks for the smile and the recipe!
xoxo

Monica said...

Sorry if I've been absent, dear Deb. Will email soon.
xoxo

June said...

The lemon squares look so good right now Deb. I have been baking way too much lately, but..hmmm, what's one more treat?
I read some of your posts that I have missed and enjoyed the walk you had with your beautiful pup. I also saw that you keep a garden book the way I do. lol! Mine is sprinkled with pages from about the past ten years too. It's getting a little ratty though, so I think I may start a new one this year and maybe even keep better records and plans than I did in this one. I like to tape tags of new plants and the dates that I planted and things like that...although I don't do it often enough, it was a good idea when I started : )
Thanks for your sweet note. I love it when you come by.
sending hugs...