{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~

*Journal* Photography* Home Comforts* Recipes* Inspiration* Crafts* Travels* Family Stories* Garden* Quotes* Art

Friday, October 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Ernie ...

Ernest Isaiah Newton
Happy 12Th Birthday
***
Love is a symbol of eternity
It wipes out all sense of time
destroying all memory of a beginning
and all fear
of an end
~Unknown~


"I looked at the caged animals in the shelter ... The cast offs of human society.
I saw in their eyes, love and hope, fear and dread, sadness and betrayal.
And I was angry. "God" I said, "Why don't you do something?".
God was silent for a moment and then He spoke softly.
"I have done something" he replied
"I created you"
~Jim Willis~

6 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Happy birthday sweet Ernie! I love you and am sending you BIG doggie kisses... xoxo Julie Marie

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Deb, the poem is beautiful and so very touching and true.

Your Ernie is a handsome young man! Happy Birthday to you, Mr. Ernie! I hope that you had tons of fun and were treated to a biscuit or two.

much love,
becky, duhgall and fiona

Carolyn said...

I just came across your blog and took a stroll through. Your nature pictures are beautiful, I especially enjoyed the barns. Happy birthday to Ernie!
Carolyn

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Happy Birthday Ernie. He is one lucky dog. Handsome too.

Naturegirl said...

Deb what a wonderful quote at the end of this ever so beautiful post. I fell in love w/ Benny as soon as I laid eyes on him too. Peace be to your little man! hugs Anna

Monica@The White Bench said...

Deb, you really brought tears to my eyes with this post... Happy belated birthday, sweet Ernie!
Love from Kim and Monicaxo.