{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~


hOMe is where the heART is …


Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thankful {things I love} Thursday...

I came home with lots of photos of barns from our days away this past Summer ...
I ♥ LOVE ♥ barns ...
the more aged/worn/weathered/ the better ...
but then ...
we came across this barn
which reminded me of a saying I have ~ when we are out and I touch up my lipstick I will say I'm "putting a little paint on the barn" :-)
and I guess it really does make a difference :-)
***
Every job
is a self-portrait
of the person who did it.
Autograph your work
with excellence
~Anon~

6 comments:

My Arts Desire said...

I personally would LOVE to see every photo! I adore your photos {and old barns!}. Always such a treat to see a new post from you in my google reader! Xo, Sue

Ms. ~K said...

I love your header...
I have a friend who buys and sells old barn wood...He built a barn wood cabin in Nova Scotia...very cool!
Happy weekend to you and Ernie,
~K

Julie Marie said...

Hi Deb... you know me and barns, I LOVE your photos! I can't wait to see all of the ones you post for the Barn Chick party!... xoxo Julie Marie

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Deb,
Love the photos of the barns, they're all beautiful!

Also, thank you for your very kind comment about my cat, Gigi. I am so pleased Ernie received a hug and I know it would've made Gigi happy as well. Thank YOU.
xo~Tracie

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

your blog made my day...wonderful...love your quotes and photographs...everything is charming...i cried when i saw your Ben. and i LOVE the quote there as well....i lost my Buddy to heart failure on march 3rd of this year and it just about did me in. i have never cried so much in my life. pondered getting another dog...but knew i just couldn't live without a dog..so we got Teddy on April 20th. the LOVE of my LIFE !!!! we ADORE him....and Buddy lives in my heart...

so happy to find a new friend today :-)

enjoy your weekend

kary and teddy
xxx

Monica said...

Oh I love barns.. and that last one, amazing work of art!
Thanks for sharing, Deb!
Kisses to sweet Ernie!
Monica and Kim xo.