{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~

*Journal* Photography* Home Comforts* Recipes* Inspiration* Crafts* Travels* Family Stories* Garden* Quotes* Mixed Media Art

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

easy as pie ...

I love to bake
and apple pie is a favourite in our house
like many , I don't use a 'recipe' ... I suppose I've made so many pies over the years
and even though there are lots of pie recipes in my cookbook collection, this is the way
I like to make it.
sliced apples * a little brown sugar * dash of cinnamon & freshly grated nutmeg
that's it ...
piled high on top of a light pastry
and the same deep dish pan
crimped edges &
a few steam slits on the top
a sprinkling of sugar
and into the oven it goes
this is what was left after hubby spotted it
and son stopped by to say hello after work :-D
a slice saved for my sweet daughter knowing she was stopping by too ...
{and Archer got the crumbs}

6 comments:

sage and spirit said...

The best recipes are no recipe at all! Your pie looks delicious!

Deb said...

hi Julie ~ I agree ... wish I could share a slice of pie & tea with you ♥

Blondie's Journal said...

Very simple is best. I've tried elaborate apple pie recipes with caramel or a fancy crust and it was a disaster!

Jane x

Jeanne Caron said...

Love and hugs I love everything you post.
Live applely ever after.

Deb said...

hi jane ~ it's so true ... I have lots of cook books but always seem to stick with the "tried and true" recipes. Some of my paper recipes I plan on framing for my kitchen as they are the true testament of how loved {and used} they are and hold so many memories amongst the splatters ♥

Deb said...

hello Jeanne ~ how lovely to see your comment ~ thankyou ♥