{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~

*Journal* Photography* Home Comforts* Recipes* Inspiration* Crafts* Travels* Family Stories* Garden* Quotes* Mixed Media Art

Friday, October 24, 2014

catching up ...

The very first photos taken on our week getaway to Montreal Quebec was of the Sparrows :-)
Hubby and I spent a wonderful time as part of our Anniversary celebration ♥
Taking in the beauty, sights and sounds  (and of course, a hockey game at the Bell Center)!
Montreal / Detroit game was exciting ... two of our favourite spots :-)
the beauty
serenity
some of our usual visits when we are in Montreal
like walking through Square Dorchester
where the squirrels were very tame
and walked right up to us ...
though it rained for most of our visit
it did not take away one little bit from the enjoyment ♥
When we returned home, there was a surprise waiting.
In Somerset Studio my Sending Love fabric card is on page 118
and my Please Do Not Disturb door hanger is on page 119.
&
In GreenCraft, I have my Sweet as Chocolate cards on page(s)24,25,26,27 & 28.
Have a wonderful weekend.
~d~

12 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Hello Deb... how wonderful your first photo is Sparrows!... it looks like you had such a wonderful time, so many lovely sights to see and places to go... and the squirrel pic is adorable!... congratulations on ALL of your features in magazines!... I am still "grounded" so I will see if any of those magazines are available when I am out and about again in a couple weeks... you are so deserving of the features!... and a BIG Happy Anniversary to you and Jim... hope it was wonderful!... did Archer lick you nonstop when you got home?... doggie kisses from Tessy... xoxo Julie Marie

Seawashed said...

Beautiful sparrows. Happy Anniversary and congrats on the publications xxo

La Table De Nana said...

It is s bit of a shame that the weather was inclement..just like when we went to QC city in June..
The sun just makes the leaves sparkle!
Lucky you for the Canadians game..I have 3 little grandsons..that LOVE hockey.We watched last Saturday's game w/ them here at the sleepover.
Congratulations on your features!

sandy said...

so glad you had a wonderful anniversary! i like that the squirrels were so tame, i probably would have had to go and get them some peanuts and feed them :)

really nice photos :)

Jeanne said...

I am glad you had a nice time away for your anniversary how lovely.
Congratulations to all your items in the magazines.
Blessings

Jeanne

Mereknits said...

Hooray for you first getting away and then coming home to those wonderful surprises.
Congrats,
Meredith

Deb said...

hi Julie marie ~ I am such a home body ...so seeing the sparrows always make me feel @ home when away ♥
archer was so happy to see us. we arrived home late in the evening and he was sleeping, when we called out his name he was pretty excited :-)

Deb said...

thank you Kerrie ♥

Deb said...

hi Monique ~ the rain never bothers me or keeps me inside (must be my English blood) :-) hubby and I had wonderful, rainy cobblestone walks hand in hand ♥
oh yes ... we love our hockey and staying within walking distance of the Bell Center was wonderful.

Deb said...

hi sandy,
you think just like me ... I would have loved to have fed them too ♥

Deb said...

thank you so much Jeanne xo

Deb said...

thank you Meredith!