{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~

*Journal* Photography* Home Comforts* Recipes* Inspiration* Crafts* Travels* Family Stories* Garden* Quotes* Mixed Media Art

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

mid october ...

we celebrated
Thanksgiving this past weekend
with family walks
 fall festivals
lots of food
love & laughter
came across these gorgeous
huge
mossy rocks
on one of our walks
blankets
of maple leaves that clung to our boots
& found a soft resting spot
as they fell
and you may wonder why I am showing  crafts from Christmas pasts in mid October ?
well... it's because
I was the very lucky winner
of Jeanne Oliver's
Creatively Made Home {Home for the Holidays} course
which begins today.
I'm looking forward to sitting with a mug of tea
and watching through introductory videos
from the course teachers this afternoon.
{one of the many gallery walls in our home
 with ... of course... a quote ... :-)
this wall is filled with photos I've taken on family walks}
***
Home & Family
two of my most favourite
topics
♥♥♥
~ a heart felt thank you goes out ~
to
Jeanne Oliver
Cathy Penton
&
Elizabeth Maxson

9 comments:

Erin Anderson said...

i always enjoy seeing nature through your eyes....beautiful images. congratulations on winning!
erin
xxoo

Julie Marie said...

Congratulations on winning Deb... that course sounds wonderful... I just love your beautiful gallery wall filled with precious photos from your Nature walks... are your photos in black and white or color?... I too love quotes and have them everywhere... so happy you had a nice Thanksgiving... I love that mossy stone on your walk... and the leaves are all so brilliant right now... home and family... the two most important things in my life as well... much love, hello Archer!... xoxo Julie Marie and Tessy

Buttons said...

Oh that is the perfect way to spend Thanksgiving with nature. Congrats on the beautiful win> B

Mereknits said...

Beautiful photos, Happy Thanksgiving and good luck on that fun course.
Hugs,
Meredith

Sherri B. said...

Your photos are beautiful..it looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family.

Congratulations on winning that sweet vintage Christmas collage.

Thanks for stopping my blog and entering my giveaway. xo

Deb said...

thank you Erin ♥

Deb said...

hi Julie Marie & Tessy ~ I turned all the photos into black & white for this gallery wall. I LOVE black & white photography ♥ love to you & Tessy from me & Archer xo

Deb said...

thank you Buttons, Meredith & Sherri ♥

Lynda Naranjo said...

There's so many wonderful things to photograph right now and you've captured them beautifully, Deb! Congrats on winning a spot in the e-course! I'm taking it too ... isn't it wonderful? Haven't made my way through all the videos yet but have enjoyed them so far! Have a lovely weekend! xo