{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~

*Journal* Photography* Home Comforts* Recipes* Inspiration* Crafts* Travels* Family Stories* Garden* Quotes* Mixed Media Art

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

August Break Project Day 13 ...

Day 13
~Home~
I could hardly believe it when I found out that I had won a giveaway a few weeks ago from

6 - 4 piece place settings of
Antique Countryside Fig
The most gorgeous pattern!
Birds* Butterflies* Figs* French Stamps* Scripts* Scrolls* Scallops
The colour scheme is the perfect compliment to vintage pieces I have inherited that are near and dear to my heart .
This little Victorian mustard pot with cobalt blue glass liner
 sat on my grandparent's table at every meal.  Being from England, Colman's dry mustard powder is a staple & as a child, it was my job to prepare it  :-D
As each beautifully packaged box was opened, I sat in awe at the detail of each piece.
I could not wait to start enjoying this gorgeous china!
It's amazing how much more delicious everything tastes when you are using beautiful china ♥
I love the colours of Antique Countryside Fig.
The colours of my garden ...
and anything with butterflies & birds speaks to my soul
I snipped some hydrangea ...
and some honeysuckle leaves {they are beginning to change colours now}
the tiny vintage salt & pepper shakers were also my grandparents ...
my carnival glass milk & sugar set was a gift from a dear neighbour when I was 11 or 12.
She started my "hope chest" which was back then, a cardboard box in my closet.
 I use this milk & sugar set all the time.  Mrs. H also taught me how to knit and crochet and sew ♥
Thank you so much to Sandy @ French laundry,
Lifetime brands/Mikasa, and Jennifer Walsh for your lovely e-mails!
and my sweet daughter Kate ~ we had so much fun table setting together xo

8 comments:

Julie Marie said...

What a beautiful giveaway win Deb!... and it is just perfect for you and your love of Nature!... xoxo Julie Marie

Deb said...

thank you Julie Marie - it is the perfect set for Nature lovers like us ♥

sandy @ french laundry 132 said...

Awww I'm so glad you love it all! Your description is so wonderful along with the pretty photos. I love your stories too! Yes, the sweet tableware has it all! the birds, the French scripts, the butterflies, and so much more! Enjoy!!

huggs, sandy ♥

p.s. I just emailed you!

Deb said...

thank you so much again Sandy!
I still can hardly believe I won ♥
thanks for your lovely e-mail too xo

Julie Marie said...

Hello again Deb... I just sent you an email too... a beautiful package arrived for me today from you!... thank you so very much... be sure to check your email!... xoxo Julie Marie PS I LOVE your beautiful Carnival glass set!...

Country Gal said...

I popped over via Julie Marie's post today ! Your blog is wonderful as are your photos ! Seems like we have a lot in common as we both love nature and photography ! Hello from Southwestern Ontario Canada . I am a new follower and look forward to your lovely photos and posts ! Have a good day !

Lynda Naranjo said...

What a lovely giveaway, Deb! It's beautiful! xo

June said...

That's a lovely win Deb! I love that you have your G-parents shakers and mustard pot as your own now. Aren't those things to be cherished?
Congratulations on your beautiful win!
hugs from here...