{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~

*Journal* Photography* Home Comforts* Recipes* Inspiration* Crafts* Travels* Family Stories* Garden* Quotes* Mixed Media Art

Friday, July 19, 2013

Sweetness ...

Farmers Market days
mean lots and lots of fresh veg
and fruit ...
and while we usually eat our fruit fresh, I had so many cherries that I thought I'd turn a cup of them into some freshly baked cherry, chocolate chip scones for my family
with a little fresh cherry syrup drizzled over them ...
my daughter had the same idea with all the strawberries ...
we usually sit outside with a lovely big bowl of sliced strawberries
and a tall glass of ice water ...
but today she called me early in the morning and said "Mum, don't make anything ...
I've made lunch for the two of us and will be over in an hour"
Knowing cheesecake is my absolute favourite desert, she made a white chocolate cheese cake
with homemade melted strawberry jelly & fresh sliced strawberries on top ♥♥
It was hard to pull myself away from it long enough to take a photo before it was all gone!
The sweetness of food
doesn't last long
but the sweetness
of good words
do
~Thai Proverb~
***
 

6 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Oooh Deb, your cherries and strawberries look delish!... and how sweet of your daughter to bring lunch!... yum!... thanks for your visit today... I hope you find an old blue canning jar at your garage sales tomorrow... they really are abundant... just don't pay way too much for them!... some people ask such high prices for them it's crazy... my last one was 50 cents at a local thrift shop... I would pay as much as $5.00 for one, but only if it had no nicks or chips in it... happy hunting!... can't wait to see what you make with yours!... your hankie is on it's way to you, xoxo Julie Marie

Mereknits said...

What a lovely, thoughtful daughter. The berries are so wonderful this time of year aren't they? I am filling myself with blueberries and cherries, I feel like a bear getting ready for Winter.
Hugs,
Meredith

Deb said...

Hi Julie Marie - I have never seen a blue canning jar & thought how gorgeous they were when I saw yours!
Will let you know if I spot any bargains tomorrow :-)
Can't wait to check the mail next week ~ thank you ♥

Deb said...

Hi Meredith - she really is the best ♥ I'm like you and filling up on berries :-)

Monica said...

Mmmmm, looks soooo good!! :)
xoxo

Lynda Naranjo said...

Both these treats look delicious, Deb! I can't get enough of the summer fruits - they usually don't last long enough to get baked into anything! :)