{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~

*Journal* Photography* Home Comforts* Recipes* Inspiration* Crafts* Travels* Family Stories* Garden* Quotes* Mixed Media Art

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Texture Tuesdays ...

 
Kindness
Kim Klassen Texture: Embrace
***
 
Having these little, trusting treasures land on our hand (even for a fleeting moment) is such a treat.
It's funny to watch as the chickadees wait their turn.  Just as one flies away, another one appears :-)
They add so much joy to our walks ♥
 
Everyday
do something
that will inch you closer
to a better
tomorrow
~Doug Firebaugh~
 
Joining in with Texture Tuesdays today.

9 comments:

Barb said...

I so agree that it is a privilege and a miracle that a chick-a-dee will land on our hand. I also love the quote you used today!

Monica said...

Oh Deb, how beautiful! I so miss chatting with you! I have to email you :)
xoxo

Kathryn said...

What an amazing capture.

Barbara said...

Such a sweet image, love this.

Starr White said...

How very sweet! I've never had the honor and privilege of having a bird light on me. Must try this! Do you hold out birdseed?

Deb said...

Thank you Barb, Monica, Kathryn, Barbara & Starr ♥

Starr ~ we bring a little container of mixed seed with us and the birds are landing before we can even shake some into our hands :-) it is amazing at how trusting they are and as you said - an honour ♥

Jeanne said...

Beautiful as always. Blessings my sweet friend.
Love Jeanne

Deb said...

thank you Jeanne ♥

EarlK said...

Wonderful. That must be great to have the bird on hand. I used to have homing pigeons that would be on my hand, but never a wild bird.

Earl