{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~

*Journal* Photography* Home Comforts* Recipes* Inspiration* Crafts* Travels* Family Stories* Garden* Quotes* Mixed Media Art

Monday, April 29, 2013

April Journal ...


FOR TODAY
 
OUTSIDE MY WINDOW ~ It is raining.
 
I AM THINKING ~ How green everything is looking & how pretty the daffodils are in our garden.
 
I AM THANKFUL ~ To find the newest issue of the Stampers' Sampler in my mailbox today & find one of my stamped bird envelopes inside ♥
 
IN THE KITCHEN ~ Dishes are soaking after dinner.  Made vegetable stir fry tonight (will share the recipe later in the week). Easy & delicious!
 
I AM WEARING ~ Cream coloured cowl neck sweater &
 brown cords.
 
I AM CREATING ~ Some handstamped pieces of jewelry for gifts next month.
 
I AM GOING~ To carve some stamps later in the week. I've wanted to create a personalized stamp for a while, and thought up an idea that I hope turns out :-)
 
I AM READING~ Anam Cara by John O'Donohue
 
I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO~ Mother's Day ♥
 
I AM LEARNING~ The art of stamp carving :-)
 
AROUND THE HOUSE
 
I AM PONDERING~ A window seat idea for the kitchen!
 
A FAVOURITE QUOTE FOR TODAY~
 
 I thought of your beauty,
 and this arrow
 made out of a wild thought,
 is in my marrow
'The Arrow'
~Yeats~
{for my Archer}
 
A PEEK INTO MY DAY~
 
 
One of my watercoloured bird envelopes is published in stampers' sampler presents 400 more ideas for handmade cards.
'A little Bird told me'

Joining in with The Simple Woman's Daybook here.

4 comments:

jennifer anderson said...

it must be nice to be able to do stuff like that

Monica said...

WOOOOO! Fantastic!!!!!
Congratulations!
xoxo

Barb said...

Congratulations!! :)

Naturegirl said...

Hello dear Deb!
Yes I am delighted that my Ms. Paisley is doing much better. She is as light as a wee bird now only 7 lbs. but so big with LoVe!!
How wonderful May has brought us warm breezes sunshine and a bee!!
I've not seen one yet but I do enjoy my natural local honey each morning in my hot lemon water!
Love your little tid bits today. your new project..sweet card!
Have a beautiful day! Anna and her fur balls. =^.^=