{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~

*Journal* Photography* Home Comforts* Recipes* Inspiration* Crafts* Travels* Family Stories* Garden* Quotes* Mixed Media Art

Monday, April 1, 2013

52 Lists ...

I love making lists ~ grocery lists, shopping lists, garden & home to-do lists, morning, afternoon & evening lists, Winter, Spring, Summer & Fall lists, bucket lists ...
so when I came across the 52 Lists Project  here, I loved the idea and thought it would be great to incorporate with Project Life.  Last weeks prompt (List 12) was List the things that feel like home ...  Sometimes the weeks prompts have me thinking (like List 8 : List your favourite albums), but anything to do with home and I could hardly write fast enough for my thoughts :-)


family - two & four legged, everyone home for dinner sitting around the kitchen table, music, my studio, grand babies toys, cottage garden, fresh flowers, orange le creuset cookware, knitting basket filled w/wool, family photo wall, bookshelves filled w/favourite reads, lavender sachets tucked in drawers, bed w/down filled duvet and feather pillows, candlelight, full coffee pot, bird feeders, antique treasures picked up along the years, photo albums, fresh baked bread, sparrows, doves nesting above the garden gate, handmade treasures ...
The very first page of my art journal is all about hOMe ...
This is how I feel :-)
Like I have my home & loved ones on my mind always & they are always with me ♥
*Namaste*
Daily practice
♥♥♥
Meditation is old and honorable
so why should I not sit
every morning of my life
on the hillside looking into the shining world?
~Mary Oliver~
Books ... gardening, cooking, home, crafts, yoga, fairy tales, birds, art, labs, quotes ...
***
When we are collecting books
we are collecting happiness
~Vincent Starrett~
This photo does not show it, but just above the envelope are the letters pfh
Posted from Home
Any four walls
enclosing the right person
is
hOMe to me ♥

5 comments:

Monica said...

This is one of the most inspiring posts I've read lately.
THANK. YOU!
xoxo

Mereknits said...

Beautiful post today, you have lifted my mood and made me smile.
Hugs,
Meredith

Deb said...

Thank you Monica ♥

Deb said...

Thank you Meredith ~ finally posting some art journal pages :-)

Kelly Henderson said...

Love seeing your snippets of art, my talented friend.
I admire all your list making and ambition! I wish I was such a good list maker, getting better, but...