{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~

*Journal* Photography* Home Comforts* Recipes* Inspiration* Crafts* Travels* Family Stories* Garden* Quotes* Mixed Media Art

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

52 Lists {week 15 & 16} ...

Week 15 of 52 Lists ...
List your favourite quotes :-)
I have quotes jotted down EVERYWHERE on everything imaginable - post it notes, top of newspapers, paper napkins, calendars, scraps of paper, envelopes etc etc ...
My all time "favourite" quote is by the amazing, inspirational Ralph Waldo Emerson ...
What lies behind us
and what lies before us
are tiny matters
compared to what lies
within us
~Ralph Waldo Emerson~
Week 16 of 52 Lists ...
List your favourite books
***
We seem to have created a reading nook in almost every room of our house.
Two bookcases frame our kitchen window and those are filled with favourite cookbooks
and bird watching books.
I ♥love♥ this little nook ...
a small basket filled with my grandson's favourite reads
always ready to sit in " our  chair"  and cuddle while reading xo
Home Comforts ...
Tell me what you read
and I'll tell you who you are
is true enough,
but I'd know you better
if you told me
what you
re-read
~Francois Mauriac~
 
You can never get
a cup of tea large enough
or a book
long enough
to suit me
~C.S. Lewis~
***
Rainy day today, just perfect, as C.S. Lewis' quote suggests, for a large cup of tea & good read ♥

4 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Always love reading your lists Deb... and many of your favorite quotes are mine too... I also love your reading nooks... we have them all over in our home too... and you are right, nothing like a nice big cup of tea and a good book!... enjoy your day, xoxo Julie Marie

Jeanne said...

Lovely post as always my sweet friend.............I reposted one of your quotes on my blog it has always been one of my favorites. Love you.

Starr White said...

Very thought provoking! I wonder what it says about me that I have read "Jane Eyre" and "Memoirs of a Geisha" about a dozen times each? Perhaps that I'm a sucker for tragic, star-crossed love and happy-ish endings? Or that I believe that love really does conquer all? You've certainly given me something to think about:)

Mereknits said...

Lovely quotes today Deb, and all of them so true.
Hugs,
Meredith