{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~

*Journal* Photography* Home Comforts* Recipes* Inspiration* Crafts* Travels* Family Stories* Garden* Quotes* Mixed Media Art

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

52 Lists {list 13} ...

I hadn't planned on showing any of my 52 List Project lists, however, List 12 & 13 have been "blog related" :-)
This week's list is: List the things you want to make ...
more art
handcarved stamps
painted stone paper weights
{these work wonderfully for holding down watercolour paper that tends to curl}
shadow box to display stone treasure gifts from my sweet grandson
who finds the best heart shaped stones!
quilts
squares from the baby quilt I am making for my newborn grandson
& a summertime quilt to take on picnics
jewelry
a new bed cover for Archer for the corner of Sparrow Studio
{although he loves this sunny spot by the window}
***
Act as if
what you do
MAKES
a difference.
It does.
~William James~

And today is very special ~ it's Doris Day's Birthday!
This is one of two photos my daughter won for me years ago through a silent auction our local Animal rescue group held so it was win-win.  A real treasure for this huge Doris Day fan.  Doris, while being an amazing singer and actress is one of the founders of Actors and Others for Animals and her own Doris Day Animal League.

9 comments:

erin said...

i LOVE doris...especially since we both have freckles! isn't it fun painting on rocks? i like to scribble doily designs on mine...your birdie is sweet.

Mereknits said...

I love the lists and all the projects to be. Great list today.
Meredith

Deb said...

Hi Erin,
Isn't Doris amazing! Love freckles (I have them too) :-D
I've seen your doily rocks - gorgeous ♥

Deb said...

Thank you Meredith ♥

Starr White said...

I LOVE Doris Day! and I also have freckles and am very fair skinned. I've always admired her style, and when I was young, I tried to get my mother to let me cut my hair like hers, but she wouldn't let me!! I still love to watch her movies - That Touch of Mink is one of my favorites. I look forward to seeing your "makes" come to life!!

June said...

We have so much in common Deb! (except the fact that your dog is huge and black and my dog is little and white :) I loved Doris Day and watched her movies over and over. I have to have lists to survive. I think just the act of creating the lists centers my crazy life. Your creative list has so many things on it and I hope we get to see some of the things you cross off :)
many hugs...

Deborah said...

Hi Deb!
I love lists! Yours look fun and I love those little heart-shaped rocks from your grandson!
Doris Day is wonderful and I have a soft spot in my heart for her Christmas songs...especially Silver Bells...a childhood favourite!
Lovely blog you have Deb...I'm your newest follower.
Thank you also for your visit with me ;)

All my heart,
Deborah

Red Rose Alley said...

Hello,
I saw you on sweet Deborah's blog. While I was reading, I noticed that you are interested in Photography. Me and my girls love Photography also. You have many beautiful pictures on here. Oh, I am a Doris Day fan too. Me and my daughters also have a blog, and we would love it if you could visit us and follow. It's so nice to meet new friends. Have a sweet day.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Kelly Henderson said...

Your list is inspiring. Love the painted birdie, and that's a great idea for watercolor paper. I think prayer flags would be a wonderful project. Doris Day and Betty White I think are both wonderful pet humanitarians.