{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~

*Journal* Photography* Home Comforts* Recipes* Inspiration* Crafts* Travels* Family Stories* Garden* Quotes* Mixed Media Art

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

today ...

 
One of my favourite breakfasts - steel cut oatmeal, with milk, brown sugar, a sprinkling of cinnamon and almonds...

followed by toast & butter made from hubby's freshly baked bread.
my idea of the perfect day ... pens
paint & paper in front of me
cup of tea beside me
and my dog by my feet ♥
I finished my little crocheted rock cover ...
My 'guiding word' for Twenty Thirteen
~balance~
I arise today
through the
strength of heaven,
light of sun,
radiance of moon,
splendor of fire,
speed of lightening,
swiftness of wind,
depth of sea,
stability of earth,
firmness of rock
~Celtic Prayer~
The Deer's Cry
Still lots of snow on the hiking path.
  At home, we spotted the first Robin of Spring and our 'resident' doves have returned to our garden ♥


8 comments:

Mereknits said...

I love this post, so full of positive energy. My favorite day involves waking up on my own, a cup of tea and blog reading as well of lots and lots of yarn.
Hugs,
Meredith

Blondie's Journal said...

Your day sounds so peaceful and serene. Enjoy!

XO,
Jane

Inger Marie said...

Lovly pictur!
Happy Easter :))

Monica said...

Love! Everything sounds delicious!
I have the same idea of the perfect day!
xoxo

Julie Marie said...

Hi Deb, just beautiful!... love hearing about your day and all of the things you are thankful for... that homemade breads looks delish!... and I love your rock cover and "balance"... xoxo Julie Marie

Jen Kershner said...

That truly does sound like the loveliest of days.

Starr White said...

Sounds like a perfect day to me. The simple pleasures of life really do bring the most joy :)

Kelly Henderson said...

Love your idea of a perfect day, mine too! And your hubby bakes bread...he's a keeper then ;) I'm painting Sophey's room right now and that is just not the same (not much fun to me), but it will be fun when the decorating starts!