{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~

*Journal* Photography* Home Comforts* Recipes* Inspiration* Crafts* Travels* Family Stories* Garden* Quotes* Mixed Media Art

Saturday, January 19, 2013

January Journal ...

JANUARY JOURNAL
 
FOR TODAY:
 
OUTSIDE MY WINDOW ~ it is bright and sunny.
 
I AM THINKING ~ about baking this afternoon ... maybe Banana Bread w/ walnuts.
 
I AM THANKFUL ~ my sweet dog is always by my side.
 
IN THE KITCHEN ~ a pot of coffee is brewing.
 
I AM WEARING ~ my "Tasha Tudor" shawl, black turtle neck sweater & jeans
 
I AM CREATING ~ little watercolour pictures for an upcoming baby shower ♥
 
I AM GOING ~ to place the pictures in frames for the buffet table.
 
I AM WONDERING ~ if the Avocado pit I have suspended in water will ever show signs of rooting!

I AM READING ~ The Joy of Vegan Baking by Colleen Patrick - Goudreau {fantastic} xo

I AM HOPING ~ to incorporate more vegan recipes in our diet this year.

I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO:  watching Hockey with my boys.

AROUND THE HOUSE:

I AM PONDERING ~ next week's menu ... I have a few new recipes I'd like to make.

A FAVOURITE QUOTE FOR TODAY~
 Life is a miracle,
 and being aware of simply this
 can already make us very happy
~Thich Nhat Hanh~

A PEEK INTO MY DAY ~ Birthday roses from my son ♥

 When I read about "The Simple Woman's Daybook, I thought it was a beautiful idea. Looking forward to joining in each month here.

8 comments:

Julie Marie at Idyllhours said...

Loved reading your journal entry Deb!... Happy Birthday to you!!! your roses are gorgeous... xoxo Julie Marie

Jeanne said...

Beautiful indeed and I love all that you share..........Beautiful roses from your son and I love that quote.......
Love Jeanne

Monica said...

Did you celebrate your birthday?? Are you a January girl?? My, I had no idea!!! Many heartfelt belated wishes!!
I hope you had a grand day.
Monica xoxo
P.S.By the way, this linky party is such a fabulous one! Thanks for sharing.

Mereknits said...

Beautiful post, beautiful thoughts and beautiful flowers.
Hugs to you,
Meredith

Jeanne said...

..early on Monday evening, when the sky was the color of a velvet ribbon falling over the hills.”


― Alice Hoffman, Here on Earth
I love all your postings and send much love and smiles........
Love Jeanne

Just One Handful said...

Oh, beautiful roses! Happy Birthday and thanks for dropping by!

Deb said...

Thank you all so much ♥

Kelly said...

Happy belated birthday, Deb!! I like your post of the present moment:) Thich is a favorite of mine too.