{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~

*Journal* Photography* Home Comforts* Recipes* Inspiration* Crafts* Travels* Family Stories* Garden* Quotes* Mixed Media Art

Friday, December 21, 2012

A Gift from A Friend ...

 
Through my blog, I have met so many wonderful, kindhearted people.
My list of "favourite blogs to visit" grows larger each month!
When I receive a comment here, or an email, it always adds joy to my day.
This morning, a little brown envelope was sticking out of my mailbox.
I wasn't expecting anything...
To my surprise, my Blogging friend Meredith had taken the time to create a set of gorgeous coasters.
They are so delicate, with the tiniest little sequins sparkling throughout and really show the amount of time and love Meredith puts in every gift she creates.  How lucky am I to be the receiver of such a beautiful gift. Even the attached gift tag had an exquisite red button ♥
These coasters fit in perfectly with my Christmas decor.
I have a Scandinavian tablecloth with dancing reindeer, my red and white Advent candles, and red place mats.  I sat for a little pick me up this afternoon with a mug of hot chocolate, topped with a little mug hugging gingerbread house and candy cane stir stick.  The latest Country Living magazine had arrived and I always look forward to sitting and having a read.  In between reading, and taking sips of hot chocolate, I sat and admired my new coasters ♥
~Thank you so much Meredith!~
 
 No friendship
can cross the path of our destiny
without leaving
some mark on it
forever
~Francois Muriac~
 
 

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

A Christmas Blessing....During the Christmas season, may you be blessed with the spirit of the season, which is peace, The gladness of the season, which is hope, And the heart of the season, which is love. Some how, not only for Christmas, but all the long year through, The joy that you give to others, is the joy that comes back to you. And the more you spend in blessing, the poor and lonely and sad, The more of your hearts possessing, Returns you to glad...~John Greenleaf Whitter...

Merry Christmas my lovely friend. Love you Love to you and yours
Jeanne

Mereknits said...

You are so lovely to post about your coasters, hopefully they add some brightness to your day.
Hugs to you dear friend,
Meredith