{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~

*Journal* Photography* Home Comforts* Recipes* Inspiration* Crafts* Travels* Family Stories* Garden* Quotes* Mixed Media Art

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thankful {things I love} Thursday...

Thankful we held onto ...
{Texture: Kim Klassen - Back In}
 
Childhood keepsakes,
like this little tin truck that belonged to my husband,
then given to our son,
and bottle brush tree from my daughters childhood dollhouse.
At Christmas, the two just seem to belong together!
Looking forward to getting our Fraser Fir this weekend ♥
***
It comes every year
and will go on forever.
And along with Christmas
belongs the keepsakes
and the customs.
Those humble,
everyday things
a Mother clings to,
and ponders,
like Mary
in the secret spaces
of her heart
~Marjorie Holmes~
 
 

7 comments:

Julie Marie at Idyllhours said...

Lovely Deb!... you know I feel exactly the same way about our treasures from the past and all of the precious memories they hold... the little truck is so cute!... xoxo Julie Marie

Mereknits said...

Deb, I love the truck. I have two trucks that were my brothers that I am holding onto for his sons when they are ready for them. A UPS truck and a tractor trailer truck. I have never let my sons touch them, they are a treasure as my brother passed away 21 years ago. Hope you are having a wonderful day,
Meredith

Deb said...

Thank you Julie Marie ♥

Thank you Meredith ~ your trucks sound adorable & I know they hold very special memories. What wonderful treasures they will be for your nephews ♥

Jen Kershner said...

Sweet memories! Those treasures have more memory when they've been passed down like that.

Jeanne said...

I love all you share my lovely friend and I love your Christmas quote♥3
Love Jeanne

Monica said...

I LOVE your pic on the sidebar!
Kim and I are sending love and hugs.
xoxo

Kelly said...

You always find the best quotes...love this one especially! What treasures and yes, they are perfect together. Nothing beats childrens xmas artwork and keepsakes. (I ties some of my childrens baby booties on the tree.)