{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~

*Journal* Photography* Home Comforts* Recipes* Inspiration* Crafts* Travels* Family Stories* Garden* Quotes* Mixed Media Art

Monday, December 3, 2012

A Homemade Christmas ...

A few years ago, I made this "kissing ball".
A take on the traditional one out of mistletoe.
I found extra large styrofoam balls (at the Dollar store), and already had a basket of fabric rosettes already made, left over from other projects, so all it took was some hot glue ... well, lots of hot glue,  and an afternoon listening to Christmas music and drinking mugs of tea.
A long ribbon was added for hanging, and I topped it off with some pinecones and artificial sprigs.
Making a few more this week to give as gifts ...
And sewing up a few candle cases
to hold white tapers ...
Just think
of the illimitable abundance
and the
marvelous loveliness
of light,
of the beauty
 of the sun
and
 moon
and
stars
~St. Augustine~

5 comments:

Mereknits said...

My goodness you have been so busy. I love the candle holders and the kissing ball is fantastic. I think I need to get busy and get creating, I am a bit behind.
Hugs to you,
Meredith

Rekkehuset said...

What a lovely "kissing ball" you made:-) Thank you for your sweet comment in my blog, I was so happy to read it! Hanne.

Barb said...

I really like your candle holders! great idea!

traci said...

it's beautiful. you are very talented.

Kelly said...

The candle holders are so gorgeous and the kissing ball out of fabric rosettes is lovely!