{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~

*Journal* Photography* Home Comforts* Recipes* Inspiration* Crafts* Travels* Family Stories* Garden* Quotes* Mixed Media Art

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thankful {things I love} Thursday...

Inspired by Nature ♥
***
...We depend on the gifts of Nature,
but these gifts
must be received with
gratitude
and not exploited or abused.
~Satish Kumar~
~Thankful for ~
 Blueberry jam making time ...
Nothing fancy, just simple refrigerator jam to spread on freshly baked scones - yum!  And the added bonus of spending time in the kitchen with my daughter as we listen to music and talk, thinking up new recipes :-) ♥
 Last year my husband & I spent the day at a Butterfly Conservatory.
  Being so inspired by their beauty,  I found butterflies turning up in my artwork & in gift wrapping.
 A present wrapped in vintage dress makers tissue, with some seam binding, a little burlap heart & white button all ready to be mailed.
  The Spread your Wings and Fly stamp is by G Studio and is a stamp I use over and over again (birds show up in much of my art work too) :-)
 I drew a little butterfly on some heavy stock paper, stamped the entire butterfly with one of my favourite clear Tim Holtz  stamps & created little antenna from some copper wire.

 A walk amongst nature,
whether by sea,
river,
hill,
 valley,
meadow or wood
works wonders
for the human spirit
~Phil Harding_

5 comments:

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Enjoyed catching up with your beautiful posts, Deb!

Deb said...

Thanks Pat ♥

Jeanne said...

Love your photographs and your quotes. Thanks for your sweet visits and kind words my lovely friend.
Blessings
Love Jeanne♥

Mereknits said...

Such a beautiful package, I don't think I would be able to open it. Happy Friday,
Meredith

Kelly said...

I love it! Butterflies and birds are the best :) Your package is beautiful... it would be hard to open!