{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~

*Journal* Photography* Home Comforts* Recipes* Inspiration* Crafts* Travels* Family Stories* Garden* Quotes* Mixed Media Art

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Garden Glance ~ Kinship ...

 Well, I have no idea why I'm able to upload AND save my photos today  ...
but I'm thrilled it's working so far (touch wood).
 I hope you are all having a wonderful Summer ...
 While I was eating my breakfast on the back deck this morning , I was amazed at the amount of bumbles weaving in and out of the trumpet vine (which is enormous and hanging heavily over our fence ).
 We have a new little garden friend.  Meet "Chip"  ♥
and it turns out, the birds have some competition ...
we've  also been enjoying the sounds of frog serenades :-)
I'm sure I've been a toad,
one time or another.
With bats, and weasels, worms ...
I rejoice in the kinship.
~Theodore Roethke~

7 comments:

Mereknits said...

Lovely pictures. On my trip to North Carolina I met a large frog who pops up onto my friends porch several evening a week. He sits under the window and gets the moths after they hit the window and fall. Smart frog if you ask me. In the morning when we saw him he looks quite full.
Hugs,
Meredith

Jeanne said...

So good to see you posting again.
Lovely photographs. I have missed you.
Love Jeanne♥

Monica said...

Oooh it's so wonderful to hear from you and see your beautiful pictures! They make me feel closer to you! ;)
Hugs!

Deb said...

Thank you Meredith, Jeanne & Monica♥

Meredith - Your frog story is so cute! Very smart frog :-)

Kelly said...

You are so lucky to have such a woodland to eat your breakfast in! I want to see it all in one big photo someday!

Kelly said...

P.S. so glad you can upload again!

Deb said...

Thanks Kelly ~ it is not so much a "woodland" but just a tiny city garden :-) Adding the pond really attracted birds, butterflies & other beauties to our garden. We have a bunny who takes shelter under the back deck & a little chipmunk who loves the fallen corn from the feeders, a toad who likes to sit on the rocks, loads of squirrels & birds. We have a large wall of windows that overlook the garden and love to sit at the kitchen table and just watch ♥