{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~

*Journal* Photography* Home Comforts* Recipes* Inspiration* Crafts* Travels* Family Stories* Garden* Quotes* Mixed Media Art

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Thankful {things I love} Thursday...

This week I am Loving & Thankful for...
1)
 My daughter's baking!
Kate stopped by and noticing a bowl full of lemons on the counter  began making Lemony Pudding cups ~ YUM!
Sharing the recipe...
LEMONY PUDDING CUPS
6 tbsp room temperature unsalted butter
2/3 cup demerara sugar
3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tbsp lemon zest
4 large free range eggs, separated
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
~Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place 6 oven proof tea cups in a Pyrex dish.
In stand mixer, beat butter and sugar, add lemon juice and zest. Add eggs one at  time followed by flour ,baking powder and milk. In a separate bowl,  whip egg whites until stiff peaks form and fold into lemon
mixture.
Evenly distribute batter into cups.  Pour boiling water around cups to come half way up.
Bake for 35 minutes and serve warm ♥
2)
 Our little lilac bush is blooming ...
 I love the scent of lilac and in a few weeks there will be enough blooms that I won't mind snipping off a few to fill vases in our home :-)

3)
 I love the feeling of community amongst bloggers.
One of my favourite blog reads  is Lori who writes lori x 5 .  She is planning an exciting adventure to Africa and bringing little gifts with her to pass along.  Lori  generously shared her "pocket pattern" and asked if we may like to join in and make one .  I haven't been doing any knitting (or much of anything else) due to some problematic arm/neck issues, but the pattern was so easy &  the pockets so little,  the sentiment so big, I managed to knit 5 sent to Africa w) love ♥
4)
This quote: Reminding myself of the words!
I am only one,
but I am one.
I cannot do everything,
but I can do something.
And I will not let
what I cannot do
interfere with
what I
can do.
~Edward Everett Hale~
5)
Listening to my favourite Jazz station & hearing my new favourite song:
On My Way to Harlem by Gregory Porter ... fantastic!!
who pays homage to the amazing (and my favourite poet) Langston Hughes in the lyrics.
Wishing you a Thursday filled with Love & Thankfulness too ♥

3 comments:

Lori ann said...

oh deb, your words moved me so much, and i am so grateful to you for taking part in this project, although you are hurting. i hope you feel better, thank you! and your pockets will be loved.
your daughters baking is wonderful!
xo lori

Mereknits said...

Lovely post Deb. Lilacs are my favorite flower, we can't grow them here. I just love yours I can almost smell them now.
Have a lovely day,
Meredith

Helen said...

Oh that lemon pudding looked delicious!! Yumm, yum!!
Thanks for popping over to my blog,
Love Helen xx