{Posted from} Home

The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest ~ Sir Thomas Moore ~

*Journal* Photography* Home Comforts* Recipes* Inspiration* Crafts* Travels* Family Stories* Garden* Quotes* Mixed Media Art

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Yarn Along...

8 little left over Granny squares is all that was needed to create a cute apron.

After sewing the two rows of 4, I went all around the outside of the squares with a simple sc over and over until desired size was reached,then did a 3 sc scallop edging along the bottom.


I loved the cover of this sweet little board book the moment I saw it & can't wait to snuggle with my grand baby over the holidays and read.

Dear Father Christmas ...

My knitting basket is looking bare ...

please bring me some more wool in lots of pretty colours:-)

Thank you ♥

Did a bit more baking & filling Christmas tins with my daughter this afternoon.

Every year we make Pecan Ball cookies. Plainer than most of the other jam filled, decorated and iced cookies, they are a nice addition.

Pecan Balls

1 cup butter, softened

1/2 cup icing sugar

2 tsp vanilla

2 1/4 cups flour

1 cup ground pecans

***

Beat butter, icing sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until blended and smooth.

Add flour and pecans and mix well. Roll into 1 inch balls. Arrange on a parchment covered cookie sheet 2 inches apart and bake in a 325F oven for abut 20 minutes until lightly golden. Let cool on cookie sheet for about 5 min until cool enough to handle.

Place 1/2 cup icing sugar in a small bowl and roll each ball until completely coated. Cool.

~Enjoy~

***

Linking with Yarn Along.

2 comments:

Lise said...

Cute apron!

We've been reading that book this week, too. Love their funny faces.

Sea Angels said...

oh you have been busy I love the apron and I must try that delicious recipe.
I do hope Santa brings you some wool to play with xxxxxx
Hugs Lynn xxx